In Dublin, our actuarial team offers a wide range of both life and non-life advisory and audit services. Our non-life practice is currently undergoing a period of rapid expansion and we are currently looking to recruit a number of talented, experienced and ambitious non-life actuaries to cope with growing demand for actuarial services.
We work closely with the actuarial teams in both the UK and across Europe, and often on multi-service line engagements with our Risk, Assurance and Performance Improvement consultancy colleagues.
We offer a wide range of services, providing a mix of advisory and assurance assistance to clients on:
• Solvency II
• IFRS 17
• Regulatory reporting
• Financial and actuarial transformations
• New company authorisations
• Internal model approval support
• Reinsurance & capital management
• Financial reporting
• Enterprise Risk Management
The successful candidate will work as part of our growing team on a diverse range of client engagements. They will be responsible for producing high-quality outputs, helping to meet the needs of our clients in a timely fashion. They will possess and continue to develop core technical non-life actuarial skills, supplemented by general consulting skills through a combination of on the job training, coaching and formal learning. Due to the broad nature of this role, there may also be some exposure to other types of work as opportunities arise. They will promote learning and knowledge sharing across the project team and the department. They must be confident and credible in taking the lead in both client interactions and with more junior colleagues. They will look to develop their network through working on multi-disciplinary projects across different service lines.
Skills and Experience
• Nearly/Newly Qualified Actuary, with a minimum of 3 years professional experience in non-life insurance, reinsurance or consultancy.
• Excellent technical and analytical skills.
• Awareness of the challenges facing the non-life insurance industry
• Previous experience in at least one of the following:
o Solvency II
o Capital and Risk Management
• Strong analytical and problem solving ability
• Excellent communication skills both in written and oral format
• Focus on deadlines, discipline and process, yet flexible and pragmatic
• Professional attitude and demeanour
• Confident dealing with clients.
Please contact Paul Walsh at email@example.com or +35316099404 for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland