In this role the successful candidate will:
- Work with the different teams to lead the asset and ALM aspects of actuarial reporting. This includes:
- Developing a thorough understanding of the assets and liabilities on our client's balance sheets.
- Review and oversight of the discount rate curve and inflation curve used in the actuarial liability calculation.
- Quantification of the impact of asset changes to the discount rate curve and earnings (e.g., due to trading or basis changes).
- Detailed analysis of the changes in the asset and liability positions each quarter and the IFRS17 net investment result.
- Supporting the transaction reporting teams produce balance sheet projections and scenario analysis.
- Interpret the output from the models and assimilate results from various sources to generate deep insight and understanding on how changes in economic conditions over the quarter impacts the financial and capital reporting.
- Present results to the key stakeholders including the relevant members of the Executive Leadership team, various Boards and Committees as required.
- Own the Actuarial Reporting relationship with the Divisional and Group ALM and Asset Intensive teams.
- Lead the Actuarial Reporting engagement on ALM matters with Divisional stakeholders, Group stakeholders, Internal Audit, External Audit and the Peer Reviewer. Represent the Actuarial Function at various asset and ALM forums across the Division and the Group.
- An actuarial qualification with significant post-qualification experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of at least some of the following: asset and liability modelling, interest and inflation modelling, cash flow matching and ALM techniques, financial reporting or capital reporting.
- Significant experience in a senior actuarial role managing a team in a fast-paced complex environment and a strong track record of delivery at senior management level.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals: Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate