Our client currently focuses on supporting and managing an existing book of variable annuities (investment and retirement products) for an overseas customer base and is actively seeking further opportunities to expand its business.
A 12 month contract, reporting to the Actuarial Operations Manager, you will play a key role in financial and regulatory reporting and supporting the ongoing management of existing product lines. This position will suit a nearly/newly qualified actuary with relevant experience, ideally in actuarial valuations and reporting.
• Production of the actuarial elements of financial reporting, Irish GAAP, US GAAP and Solvency II reporting with an understanding of key movements.
• Assist in the production of reports and associated actuarial recommendations.
• Develop reporting systems and processes to facilitate changes to Solvency II and other reporting requirements.
• Review and explain results from stochastic models.
• Review data and explain any unusual movements.
• Experience investigations and sensitivity analysis for the purposes of reserve basis setting and experience monitoring.
• Support the relevant business areas in the ongoing management of the existing product line.
• Work closely with the wider Actuarial and Finance functions and facilitate ad hoc requirements.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Demonstrate excellent reporting and communication skills.
• Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
• Ability to interact with employees at all levels.
• Display sound business judgement as well as excellent analytical abilities.
In addition, the following would be an advantage:
• Experience in stochastic modelling, and scenario generation.
• Experience in financial reporting.
• Good understanding of Solvency II.
• Good knowledge of retirement and savings products, ideally variable annuities and/or cross-border life assurance market.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +35316099409.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland