The CFO will be responsible for all aspects of the Company’s Actuarial, Finance, Actuarial Function and Operations functions. This role is a key management position reporting locally to the CEO and functionally to the CFO of the Global Division and will participate fully in managing the business unit. The CFO will also be responsible for working with a broad range of stakeholders, including the Board, internal and external ceding clients, the CBI and other regulators, as well as other parts of the Group.
• Appropriate processes and policies are in place for Solvency II purposes and to ensure timely production of all relevant regulatory reporting requirements.
• Timely production of all local statutory financial reporting requirements including the calculation and review of actuarial reserves.
• Timely production of all Group financial reporting requirements including the actuarial reserves and related documentation in compliance with the Group timetable and the Group accounting standards (IFRS).
• Accurate IFRS and statutory investment accounting, including; asset classification policy, reconciliation of asset portfolios, reviewing any potential impairment issues, etc.
• Provision of management information to manage the business day-to-day.
• Preparing financial business plans – including solvency, capital and dividend planning.
• Tax planning and advice as necessary.
• Financial input to large and/or special deals.
• Oversight of collateral processes and activity.
• Management of relevant treasury activities subject to defined Group policies.
• Periodic performance reviews of the management of invested assets with Group teams.
• Provide necessary business partnering support to the CEO and Marketing function in developing new business opportunities.
• Oversight and management of the cashflow activity and ongoing engagement with the Risk Function in relation to the review and management of the liquidity position.
• Responsible for the effective financial performance of the Company.
• Ensuring that all local statutory, regulatory and tax filing requirements are carried out to the appropriate standards and deadlines.
• Oversight of actuarial function activity in conjunction with the Actuarial Function Holder.
Financial Business Partner:
• Advising the Board on all finance and actuarial valuation related matters.
• Participating in any local Committees that require financial input.
• Proactively engage with the CEO, Risk Function, Board, Global Investments and Group in relation to investment strategies and the optimal investment of assets to minimise volatility on a regulatory and IFRS basis.
• Supporting the development of the teams to improve performance and grow & develop people.
• Leadership of the function with the right culture and values.
• Create a clear vision for the team, define where the team is going and how it will get there.
• Support the teams for succession planning.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Previous experience at CFO level (or in an equivalent senior financial role) in a significant financial services business – preferably in the life insurance / reinsurance sector.
• Experience in managing and motivating teams of Actuaries and Accountants in a complex business environment.
• Experience of operating at Board level and liaising with the CBI, or equivalent regulator.
• Qualified Actuary or Accountant with at least 10 years’ PQE.
Please contact Paul@acumen-resources.com or 016099404 for further information.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate