The role of Head of Actuarial Operations will report directly to the Executive Head of Operations and Finance.
Leading a dynamic and stakeholder focused team, the successful candidate will gain exposure to a complex and innovative business with a wide range of traditional reinsurance transactions.
The key responsibilities include:
• Lead a team of experienced operations professionals who operate as key business partners in the delivery of the business goals and objectives. A key responsibility will be to ensure that the team is appropriately resourced and structured to adapt to the fast growing business environment.
• Manage ongoing operational relationship with key clients.
• Develop in-depth knowledge of the intricacies of a portfolio of complex reinsurance treaties.
• Oversee review of client reporting, including monitoring reporting as per treaty requirements, pricing expectations and verification of accuracy of data received.
• Oversee the completion of complex collateral calculations, earnings analyses and capital requirements.
• Present clear and concise documentation to effectively communicate key insights and results to all stakeholders.
• Respond to queries and provide explanations as required by senior management.
• Oversee the design and implementation of model improvements (including model governance and controls).
• Oversee the ongoing development of administration platforms and be continuously open to implementation of new technologies
• Support the Executive Head of Operations and Finance in establishing sound governance practices over development of policies and procedures to manage and monitor operation risks and report across the business.
• Contribute to development and planning for the implementation of Group projects, new transactions and new reporting requirements.
• Keep up to date with external developments through engagement with professional and Industry bodies.
The ideal candidate:
• A qualified actuary or accountant is desirable but not essential.
• A minimum of 7+ years’ experience leading a team of professionals in a life insurance or life reinsurance environment.
• Assertive, self-motivated with the capacity to work autonomously, as part of a team and across teams.
• A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work with a strong appetite to promote change and develop processes.
• The ability to lead and motivate a team that strives to deliver and commits to excellence, with a strong client service focus.
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities.
• An ability to plan team workload, manage time effectively and ensure timely completion of all deliverables.
• The capacity to effectively and efficiently solve problems and make decisions.
• Well developed verbal and written communication skills, and in particular an ability to effectively communicate complex concepts.
For full details of this exciting opportunity, please contact Paul (016099404 or [email protected]).
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland