To lead the production and development of their actuarial reporting, our client is now recruiting a Head of Actuarial Reporting.
Reporting to the Head of Actuarial Reporting and Development, the Head of Actuarial Reporting will play a leading role in the design and build of the Actuarial Reporting function. The key senior stakeholder relationships include: Head of Finance, Head of Operations, HoAF, Chief Actuary, CFO and CRO.
In this role the successful candidate will:
• Lead, develop and motivate a team of direct and indirect reports (10 – 12), ensuring that they achieve and contribute to their maximum potential and aspire to the highest professional standards in their work.
• Present actuarial reporting results to the key stakeholders including the relevant members of the Executive Leadership team, various Boards and committees as required.
• Oversee the production, consolidation and review of the Actuarial Reporting deliverables and provide all associated sign-offs. These include modelling, liabilities, earnings analysis, capital reporting, ALM, business plan, stress and scenario testing, risk reporting and miscellaneous management reporting.
• Assimilate results from various sources to generate deep insight and understanding on the performance of the business. Identify potential challenges and opportunities and communicate to the Operations and Business Development functions accordingly.
• Drive the Actuarial Reporting change agenda with an initial focus on necessary efficiencies in the actuarial modelling process and systems. Champion the use of new technologies and keep pace with changing demands and requirements.
• Work closely with the IFRS 17 project team and oversee the transition from development to production.
• Play a central role in the financial and actuarial reporting, working collaboratively with the Head of Finance, Head of Operations and Head of Actuarial Function.
• Manage the relationship and lead the interactions with internal and external audit, peer review, Risk teams and the office of the Appointed Actuary.
• As a member of the actuarial leadership team, contribute to the leadership of the actuarial community.
The successful candidate will gain exposure to a wide range of traditional reinsurance transactions (e.g. annuities, term assurance etc.) as well as complex and innovative reinsurance solutions (e.g. longevity swaps / swap options, bespoke longevity stop loss transactions, VIF securitisations, mass lapse covers etc.).
The ideal candidate will have:
• An actuarial qualification with 7+ year’s post-qualification experience.
• Significant experience in a senior actuarial role and a strong track record of delivery at senior management level.
• Proven leadership skills and experience in leading a high-performing team of professionals in a fast paced complex environment.
• A demonstrated capacity to build relationships, gain trust and command respect at all levels.
• A credible voice speaking to senior decision makers both internally and externally.
• Well-developed professional judgement and be at ease balancing urgency and importance.
• Highly refined verbal and written communication skills and in particular an ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to different audiences.
For full details of this exciting opportunity, please contact Paul in strictest confidence (016099404 or email@example.com).
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland