The primary responsibilities and focus areas for this role will include the following:
- Develop and deploy new business and renewal pricing models that drive portfolio growth and revenue by ensuring models are fit for purpose, well maintained, optimised and based on leading and emerging technologies in the data analytics sector.
- Manage/maintain optimal pricing models – continued focus on delivering market leading techniques, ensuring appropriate Model Governance is in place
- Budget setting of New Business Conversion, Retention and revenue targets, in conjunction with Finance teams
- Manage, develop and grow the pricing team to drive performance while growing team capabilities, resilience and setting the business up for success
- Lead Pricing and trading meetings, and ad hoc pricing decisions, across all products to set revenue targets by customer and ensure revenue targets are being met
- Pricing Lead at Insurer Product and Pricing meetings
- Relevant experience in General Insurance or relevant business sector
- Experience managing analytical teams
- Experience in Pricing of Personal Lines and related products
- Proven ability to work at pace in agile markets
- Extensive knowledge of statistical modelling techniques such as regression, prediction and forecasting.
- Experience with Pricing GLMs, multi-variate analysis, conversion/retention optimization and customer segmentation models
- Ability to produce accurate, high quality work to agreed timelines often at short notice.
- Experience leading/delivering technical projects
- Strong data management, analytical and reporting skills – experience of using these in a high data volume environment
- Working experience of Modelling Algorithms, including GLMs, Decision Trees, Random Forest, K-means clustering etc.
- Strong programming ability would be preferable in languages, such as, SQL/R/Python
- Strong knowledge of insurance P&Ls and ability to challenge insurer Pricing and Underwriting decisions
- Proven ability to lead a team of Analysts – a good people manager
- Highly numerate and ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to deliver and present complex ideas and outputs to Exec level team
- A dynamic and driven individual who is highly adaptable and can thrive in a rapidly changing and fast paced organisation.
- An excellent self-starter with the ability to own and drive their work independently while collaborating effectively where required internally.
- A positive can-do attitude and someone who can bring innovative solutions to the table on any challenges that may arise.
- Ability to think strategically while executing directly at high quality and pace.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills, and ability to influence and develop relationships with individuals at all levels of the organisation.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals: Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate