Any mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics or actuarial degree, with a view to starting from approximately 1 June onwards.
The Pricing Department endeavours to place a price on insurance risks by fitting statistical models to historical data, in an attempt to predict the underlying claim costs associated with a new insurance policy. Historical data is enriched with a host of external factors in order to complement the risk assessment of each policy, and consequently to price more accurately and competitively.
As well as the techniques used to price potential new business, a range of statistical methodologies are used to monitor the ongoing development of existing business to ensure we remain competitive in the market.
The role advertised is for work on Property/Household Insurance business initially, but the successful candidate could find themselves in other lines of business in due course.
• Assist in the production of new product pricing models
• Assist in ensuring all pricing models for household insurance are robust and well documented
• Perform rigorous validation of data in advance of analysis and actively recommend improvements to data quality
• Develop solutions using a sound statistical approach to both new and routine pricing problems.
• Assist in ongoing monitoring of pricing models
• Assist in the development, analysis and monitoring of key performance indicators
• Understand and communicate analytical results to both technical and non-technical audiences explaining key results and assumptions
• Use of key pricing software packages to maintain profitability of household book
• Complying with all company policies and procedures, including health and safety procedures.
• Carrying out any other functions deemed necessary by the Pricing Manager for the effective operation of the department.
Experience and Knowledge
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong IT skills with experience of Excel and preferably SQL
• Strong presentation writing skills
• Preferably knowledge of GI actuarial modelling packages e.g. Emblem
• Highly motivated with genuine interest in GI pricing
• Skilled at prioritising and organising own workload to meet personal and team objectives
• Good interpersonal skills with a clear ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Good problem solver that can comfortably tackle different business problems
• Focused on timely delivery of accurate results
• Good business awareness that supports effective communication to different business stakeholders.
Please contact Paul@acumen-resources.com or +35316099404 for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland