The Financial Reporting team has responsibility for the production of the IFRS results and the communication of these results to key stakeholders. The position is for a trainee actuary on the Financial Reporting team. With our wide product range and student rotation policy, we offer potential candidates a broad range of experience.
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive salary, bonus and benefits package and generous study package to support progress in the actuarial exams.
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
• Calculating IFRS results including reserves, profit flows and disclosures and undertaking analysis of the drivers of the IFRS profit
• Development and implementation of new reporting standards as they arise, such as IFRS17
• Assisting in the development and testing of Prophet models and data in line with business requirements, liaising closely with the Prophet Development, Pricing and IT teams.
• Ensuring that work carried out has appropriate systems and controls in place to comply with Group standards for financial management and control
• Liaising closely with internal and external partners such as Finance Business Partners, Finance Reporting & Control, Actuarial, Product & Pricing and Group as required
• Involvement in projects, both reporting related and Group wide, as the opportunities arise
• Part qualified Actuary or equivalent, ideally with 2 years’ relevant experience.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience required:
• Experience of actuarial reporting and/or capital management; producing financial results under at least one the IFRS, EV or Solvency II reporting standards
• Up to date knowledge and understanding of actuarial principles and methodology, including knowledge of Prophet
• Highly numerate and analytical with a developed capability to interpret data and establish alternatives and solutions to complex problems
• High degree of computer literacy
• Delivery focused with a flexible attitude and approach, can-do mentality, energy, dynamism and enthusiasm
• Demonstrated ability to make informed decisions promptly, to prioritise and progress multiple deliverables
• Confident communicator, with strong written and oral communication skills
• A working knowledge of statutory, legal and regulatory frameworks and corporate governance.
• Knowledge of the financial structure and operation of life and pensions products and in particular have a knowledge of the structures of unit linked, with profit, term insurance and annuity products.
What will you get for this role?
• Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
• Generous defined contribution pension scheme
• Annual performance related bonus and pay review
• Generous staff discount on insurance products
• Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +35316099404 for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland