Ref No: 1335713
Join our client's leading actuarial non-life insurance practice and apply your skills in projects reaching beyond traditional actuarial boundaries. You'll work with colleagues and clients in Consulting and Corporate Finance - exposing you to leading edge actuarial work in a strategic, commercial and business context. Here you'll develop an impressive range of broad consulting and technical skills that will allow you to fast track your career. Our practice has both breadth and technical depth which is increasingly important in an ever changing market and regulatory landscape. You will be joining a fast growing and dynamic team of actuaries.
You can expect to be involved in a wide variety of assignments, ranging from working with clients to improving the performance of their business, through M&A, reserving, IFRS 17, Solvency II, Business Analytics and other regulatory work.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities -
• Contribute to a wide range of consulting projects including IFRS 17 gap analyses and implementation, model design, development and implementation, risk appetite development / reviews, market analysis, reserve and domestic actuarial regime peer reviews, risk management and process improvement, due diligence on mergers and acquisitions and product design.
• Lead actuarial teams undertaking actuarial reserving or review work in respect of the Head of Actuarial Function role.
• Lead actuarial teams carrying out support for insurance audit teams. Consider the risks facing insurers in the context of liability valuation and manage colleagues to ensure delivery of high quality audit services to our clients.
• Work with colleagues cross-practice to deliver strategic and other projects, ensuring the provision of quality services and innovative solutions for our clients.
• Develop and manage client relationships including project planning, budgeting and resolving issues.
• Contribute to practice management, including recruitment, coaching, mentoring and appraisals.
• Contribute to the growth of the practice, by networking internally and externally, through research activities and by playing a significant part in new business proposals and presentations and market eminence.
• Qualified actuary with at relevant industry experience.
• Sound knowledge of the Non-Life insurance industry and the ability to apply that knowledge in commercial situations.
• Experience of financial reporting, in particular experience of Solvency II, IFRS and/or USGAAP reporting
• Knowledge of IFRS17 would be advantageous.
• Excellent analytical skills and problem solving ability.
• Knowledge of SAS/SQL or experience of credit risk modelling would be advantageous but not essential.
• Adaptable, with a keen interest in developing your technical and commercial capabilities.
• Proven ability to creatively apply problem solving skills in a wide range of situations.
• Ability to maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues.
• Highly motivated with a proven ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
• Proven experience of managing teams and/or projects
You will be a qualified actuary.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals: Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland
Tagged as: General Insurance