Our client is investing in cutting-edge modelling and IT infrastructure with the intention of building in house expertise in Actuarial Modelling.The successful candidate will be involved in setting up the actuarial valuation platform and supervising the outsourcing provider while further developing the modelling and reporting functionalities.
Taking the active role in supporting the implementation and development of the valuation platform maintained by the third-party provider:
a) Familiarisation with the detailed product characteristic and calculations
b) Development of python scripts and specs for modelling functionalities
c) Supervising and testing the implementation
Contribute to and support other key aspects of the Actuarial Function’s role, including:
a) Solvency monitoring
b) Actuarial assumption setting
c) Strategic financial planning and budgeting
• Mathematical background or equivalent with approximately 3+years’ experience in the life insurance or reinsurance industry.
• Experience with data science and programming languages (C++, Python, R etc).
• Financial modelling knowledge would be preferable, but not necessary.
Knowledge and experience of the following will be beneficial:
• Designing structures and scripts to industrialize calculation processes.
• Calculation of technical provisions for insurance contracts.
• Structuring and analysing data sets.
• Prior experience with financial and actuarial models desirable, but not mandatory.
A successful candidate will have:
• The ability to work well within a team environment, sharing ideas, experience and knowledge with colleagues and with others across the business.
• Willingness to identify and propose improvements, challenge existing processes and approaches.
• A hardworking, dedicated and focused attitude, ensuring high-quality deliverables while respecting given timelines.
• The ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and to demonstrate flexibility towards work requirements depending on team needs and priorities.
• Strong technical skills, with a capability to work independently, understand complex topics quickly and design appropriate models.
• Very good coordination and communication skills, engaging with internal and external counterparties.
For more information please contact Jenny, 016099409 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland