These are exciting opportunities for ambitious and motivated people to join our client's team in the growing area of financial services, with a focus on Actuarial and Financial Services Advisory services. This will be a challenging and fulfilling role, where you will be involved in a wide variety of actuarial engagements related to reserving, Solvency II, IFRS17, pricing, reinsurance, capital / risk management, data analytics and actuarial modelling. There will be opportunities to work in international engagements with clients and colleagues in other jurisdictions and in other financial services areas such as banking, asset management, aviation finance and InsurTech.
The role is to support the successful delivery of a wide variety of assignments while developing their actuarial knowledge and skills in numerous disciplines including data analytics. The successful candidate will have a great opportunity to build a long term and sustainable career.
• Assist in the delivery of successful client engagements working to strict deadlines.
• Develop actuarial knowledge and skills on the job as well as through the exams.
• Use actuarial skills to support wider propositions including banking and finance.
• Gain a comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes and business objectives.
• Develop data analytics expertise in order to support future engagements.
• Close collaboration with internal team including clear and concise communication.
• Assist in the production of operational reports, management updates and client proposals.
Required skills and attributes:
• Degree in actuarial science or equivalent and making good progressing towards qualification.
• At least 2 years’ life or non-life (re)insurance experience in an actuarial role.
• Working knowledge of Solvency II.
• Flexible, proactive and collaborative attitude.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Problem solving and decision making skills.
• Strong knowledge of MS Excel, Access and Word.
Awareness of current developments in insurance.
Experience with R, Python or similar languages.
Experience with cloud computing environments.
Experience using version control software.
For more information on these roles, please contact Paul on 016099404 or [email protected]
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland