Any mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics or actuarial degree, with a view to starting from approximately 1 June onwards.
Assist in the production of new product pricing models –
• Assist in ensuring all pricing models are robust and well documented.
• Perform rigorous validation of data in advance of analysis and actively recommend improvements to data quality.
• Develop solutions, under their own initiative, using a sound statistical approach to both new and routine pricing problems.
• Assist in ongoing monitoring of pricing models.
• Assist in the development, analysis and monitoring of key performance indicators.
• Understand and communicate analytical results to both technical and non-technical audiences explaining key results and assumptions.
• Use of key pricing software packages to maintain profitability.
• Complying with all company policies and procedures, including health and safety procedures.
• Carrying out any other functions deemed necessary by the Pricing Manager for the effective operation of the department.
Experience and Knowledge
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong IT skills with experience of Excel and preferably SQL
• Strong presentation writing skills
• Preferably knowledge of GI actuarial modelling packages e.g. Emblem
• Highly motivated with genuine interest in GI pricing
• Skilled at prioritising and organising own workload to meet personal and team objectives
• Good interpersonal skills with a clear ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Good problem solver that can comfortably tackle different business problems
• Focused on timely delivery of accurate results
• Good business awareness that supports effective communication to different business stakeholders.
Please contact Paul@acumen-resources.com or +35316099404 for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland