As part of this team of qualified and trainee actuaries, you’ll be delivering street pricing insights, analysis & recommendations to the business, with fair pricing for our customers. The position allows for collaborating with a variety key stakeholder in a partnership approach.
Our street pricing team adjust pricing for commercial realities based on customer information and how the market is reacting directly. This is a strong opportunity to cement a role of growth and development, with future line management responsibilities likely. We support each other in a team planning to become more innovation focused, while still problem-solving sophisticated issues in Personal Lines insurance.
The role’s duties & responsibilities:
As a Personal Lines Pricing Manager, you will be accountable for all pricing recommendations, insights and analyses relating to your nominated products – translating technical price changes into street pricing and customer behavioural modelling. Other responsibilities include:
• Generating Actual Price vs Technical Price insights and recommendations
• Owning the regular price setting and implementation processes
• Leading pricing inputs into and supporting valuation, planning and forecasting
• Mentoring and supporting pricing analysts in the team
Skills & experiences required:
• Qualified actuary of the Society of Actuaries of Ireland, or equivalent commercial experience
• Robust track record of technical pricing experience, ideally in Personal Lines
• Evidence of strong analytical, hands-on capabilities in the Irish insurance market
• Experience with influencing, negotiating, problem solving and communicating complex issues in business environments
• Background of programming skills – experience of Python, SQL, Emblem or Radar being a distinct advantage
• Background of mentoring and coaching would be great to see
What will you get for this role?
• A competitive salary
• Generous defined contribution pension scheme
• Annual performance related bonus and pay review
• The option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
• Up to 40% discount on company products
• Flexible working arrangements. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
For further information, please contact [email protected] or +35316099404.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland