This is a project role within the actuarial function reporting to the Head of Actuarial Function. The successful candidate will be involved in a project targeting the outsourcing of the policy administration system for some lines of business to a third-party provider, working closely with the IT, Services, Actuarial team in the outsourcing company.
Taking the active role in supporting the implementation and sign-off of the products in the third party’s system:
a) Perform data analysis on issues that have been identified as part of migration
b) Document analysis as appropriate e.g. papers covering scope, options, recommendations
c) Support the data cleanse workstream as required
d) Review and provide feedback on third party deliverables when required.
e) Proactively engage with stakeholders including the facilitation of workshops and meetings.
f) Ensure reviews take place and appropriate signoffs are in place for all deliverables.
g) Attend both internal and external meetings as required
h) Weekly tracking and reporting on progress made
i) Support or perform functionality testing as required
• Trainee or Nearly qualified actuary with relevant experience in the life insurance or reinsurance industry.
• In-depth knowledge of policy administration systems.
• Prior experience in migration projects desirable, but not mandatory.
Skills and Knowledge:
Knowledge and experience of the following will be beneficial:
• Excellent SQL skills
• Strong communication skills
• Calculation of unit related transactions;
• Ensuring the appropriateness of implementations in the policy administration system;
• Contributing to the effective migration of a portfolio of insurance contracts
A successful candidate will have:
• Ability to work independently to drive the project forward with limited guidance.
• Experience of working in a data analyst or actuarial role
• A hardworking, dedicated and focused attitude with the ability to deliver results ensuring timely high quality deliverables.
• Strong analytical, technical, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with a focus on attention to detail.
• The ability to work well within a team environment, sharing ideas, experience and knowledge with colleagues and with others across the business.
• The ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and to demonstrate flexibility towards work requirements / job specification depending on team needs and priorities;
For more information please contact Paul, 016099404 or email@example.com
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland