This is a great opportunity for someone to gain exposure both to ALM / investments and risk management in an insurance context. It is a varied and challenging role, with significant potential for professional development, and you will also be expected to actively participate in ongoing projects / initiatives outside of your ‘BAU’ work.
• Support capital and liquidity stress testing, with inputs from legal-entity and sub-regional Risk, Actuarial and Finance; facilitate reporting to the ALM Working Group, ALM Steering Committee, and Capital Management Committee
• Lead the setting of macro-economic stress testing assumptions for the region’s Own Risk & Solvency Assessments (ORSAs), in collaboration with the legal-entity CROs and Corporate Risk Management. Review, understand and challenge the results of the ORSA/stress testing projections.
• Perform analysis of own solvency needs. involving the relevant experts from Group Risk Management to address development needs and stay aligned with methodologies
• Contribute to the quarterly consolidated risk reporting on credit risk, subsidiary solvency, and the ORSA
• Support the Economic Capital team.
• Provide standardized monitoring and analysis of financial market trends, risks, and support CROs to assess impact in particular on solvency. Recommend region-wide mitigation and hedging strategies.
• Become the go-to expert for market risk analysis and Solvency II Pillar 1 developments;
Ideally you will have at least 2 -3 years experience, and making good progress with the actuarial examinations.
Strong communication skills are essential as you will work within a multi-disciplinary team and explain technical actuarial issues in non-technical language.
Ability to understand complex problems and provide accurate results / make recommendations within agreed timescales.
Willingness to challenge and influence other team members and colleagues.
Please contact Jenny at [email protected] and 016099409 for further information.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland