Our client is growing its client base across Europe, and further afield, and need a strong and capable individual to bring exceptional execution, knowledge and professionalism to this challenging role as part of our Risk and Reserving Teams providing the Chief Risk Officer and Head of Reserving with analytical support. We need somebody with exceptional commercial acumen and a combination of skills including a proven internal engagement capability which is based on understanding and delivering on identified needs in an effective and timely manner.
Key Responsibilities will include:
– Assist the CRO in SCR calculations in accordance with the standard formula under Solvency II;
– Develop stress and scenario tests to support the business;
– Assist with CAT Modelling analysing the impact of potential business on the CAT SCR Module;
– Assist the CRO in monitoring of capital requirements in compliance with rating agency requirements;
– Assist the CRO in other aspects of the risk framework to ensure the company identifies, monitors and manages risks in accordance with board, shareholder and regulatory expectations.
– Valuation – assist the head of reserving in the annual evaluation of GAAP claims provisions;
– Reporting – prepare exhibits for quarterly and annual reserve reports;
– Committee – assist in the administration and preparation of exhibits for the Reserving Committee;
– Business Planning – collaborate with Planning Function to ensure forecasts incorporate latest view on reserves;
– External – assist head of reserving with third party reviews of reserves, including external audit.
Skills and Experience:
– Understanding and experience in carrying out standard formula calculations under Solvency II preferably within a reinsurance environment.
– Strong IT skills (MS Office, VBA, SQL, Matlab, R or other programming languages).
– Ability to challenge and enhance existing analytical methodologies.
– Prior experience in (re-)insurance would be a distinct advantage.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +35316099409.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland