Permanent Ref No: 1419169 Qualification: Nearly / Newly Qualified, Part Qualified, Nearly / Newly Qualified, Part Qualified
Our client provides support to their customers in relation to all aspects of Life and Non-Life insurance including reserving, Solvency II, capital management, mergers & acquisitions, financial modelling, risk management solutions and audit support, both in Ireland, across continental Europe and the world.
They’re also working in wider fields. Their current core focus areas are in Banking, Enterprise Risk Management and the Public Sector. They provide support to their strategy and consulting colleagues on whatever analytical problems that they face as part of multidisciplinary teams.
The team works in a friendly, positive and vibrant atmosphere, where people are encouraged and supported to take responsibility at an early stage and proactively develop their career. In return, we offer individuals the opportunity to be highly rewarded personally, in terms of professional development, and financially. We offer excellent training to our people to strengthen their technical knowledge but equally importantly to broaden their personal and consulting skills. This is backed up by on-the-job development opportunities and a mentoring structure that helps people to develop their full potential right through to Partnership.
About the role:
A career in our Actuarial Services practice will provide you with the opportunity to contribute insurance advice and consulting services to clients such as insurers, banks, regulators, and third party administrators. You’ll provide advice covering solvency, economic capital, risk management, mergers and acquisitions, company restructuring and risk control, financial modelling, underwriting, new legislation, and the efficiency of claims or reporting processes. Simply put, you might help analyse the impact that new regulation will have on an insurance company’s balance sheet or you could be revising businesses’ projections and making sure they have adequate reserves.
Our team helps insurers address new financial reporting requirements by assessing the financial and business impacts of regulations, building implementation plans, and implementing relevant requirements, particularly across areas of financial reporting change.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and dedicated professional to join our team. We're looking for the following experience and skills:
- 3+ years of relevant actuarial experience in Life/Non-Life insurance or reinsurance market from either a consultancy or industry background. Solvency II and/or financial reporting experience are key.
- An ability to build strong client relationships (internal or external) and an ability to communicate our analysis to our clients in plain English
- An ability to develop and mentor junior staff, including technical training and performance management
- A desire to build out our propositions so that we meet a client need and develop a viable, commercial, professional service, offering in that space
- Excellent IT / software skills - we base our advice on our analysis skills. Experience in actuarial modelling systems (e.g. Prophet, RAFM) would be advantageous
- Strong technical, problem identification and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to deliver and within timescales
- Self-motivated, take responsibility for personal development in technical and broader consulting skills
For further information, please contact [email protected] or +35316099404.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland
Tagged as: General Insurance, Life Insurance