As part of the Group team within the Non-Life Group Actuarial Function the job holder will support the Non Life Head of Actuarial Function in running the Solvency II quarterly process leading some of the quarterly activities and ensuring deadlines are met in a timely manner for our client's two European Legal Entities.
This includes the following tasks:
• Support the production of the SII Technical Provisions leading the process and calculation of the Claims and Premium provision for one of the two Legal Entities;
• Support the reporting process and the QRTs production;
• Assist the Head of Actuarial Function in preparing quarterly exhibits in advance of the Legal Entities Reserving Committee and Board;
• Enhance the current process focusing on automatization;
• Support the Head of Actuarial function in the production of the ARTP and the Underwriting, Retrocession and ORSA Opinions;
• Support the Risk Management team in the production of the SCR and Risk Margin as well as provide input/stresses for the ORSA process;
• Act as a second line of defense peer reviewing and challenging the work done by the first line team participating in meeting with finance, pricing, underwriting and claims;
• Liaise with internal and external auditors acting as a key point of contact within the Non-Life Group Actuarial Function team in Dublin;
• Maintain and enhance documentation of processes, procedures, internal policies and methodologies.
Last but not least the job holder will also participate in selected international projects led by Group.
As a Group (Senior) Actuary in the Non-Life Group Actuarial Function team your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
At least 8 years working experience in non-life reserving with a strong focus on Solvency II with minimum 5 years post qualification;
• Qualified actuary (per local society);
• Effective communication skills and proficiency in English;
• Ability to work under pressure within prescribes deadlines;
• High motivation, team-orientation, and adaptability;
• Strong programming (i.e. VBA, R, Python) and data management skills including the ability to make best use of most recent technologies (i.e. Power Pivot & Power BI) to improve reporting automatization;
• Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to develop and translate new ideas into effective business solutions.
Contact Paul at 016099404 or email@example.com for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland