Reporting directly to the Head of Actuarial Reporting, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to play a significant role in the management and continued development of the actuarial reporting requirements.
In this role the successful candidate will:
• Manage, motivate and develop a team of 3 – 4 actuaries and trainee actuaries.
• Calculate actuarial liabilities, solvency capital requirements and associated analyses of variance for the quarterly earnings and capital reporting.
• Produce balance sheet projections (including stress and scenario testing) for the annual business plan, the ORSA process and to support the Executive Management strategic decision making.
• Review and update the actuarial assumptions.
• Draft accurate, clear and concise documentation and effectively communicate key insights and results to all stakeholders (Chief Actuary, Chief Financial Officer, CRO…etc.).
• Design and implement improvements to the actuarial models (including model governance and controls) to further automate existing reporting, accelerate reporting timelines and enhance the control environment.
• Contribute to the design, development and planning for the implementation of Group projects, new transactions and new reporting requirements (e.g. IFRS 17).
• Keep up to date with external developments through engagement with the Society of Actuaries and through individual research.
The ideal candidate will have:
• People management experience with the ability to manage a team to successful outcomes.
• A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work with a strong appetite to learn and develop.
• An ability to plan work, manage time effectively and ensure timely completion of all deliverables.
• Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, and in particular an ability to effectively communicate complex concepts.
• An ability to work effectively in partnership with senior management.
• A well-developed blend of technical ability, judgement, reporting experience and commercial awareness.
• The capacity to effectively and efficiently solve problems and make decisions.
• Extensive experience with MS Excel, MS Access, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
• Good experience of an actuarial modelling package (ideally Prophet).
• Technical expertise
• Communication and influencing
• Teamwork and cross-functional collaboration
• Planning and organising
• Problem solving and decision-making
• Innovation and change
For full details of this exciting opportunity, please contact Jenny in strictest confidence (016099409 or email@example.com).
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland