This role will report to the Chief Actuary. This role will be involved in all actuarial tasks including reserving, pricing and Solvency II modelling. In addition, the person may also be involved in the daily operational activities of the team which will include work planning and scheduling.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Applying best estimate actuarial reserving techniques to prepare quarterly programme performance reports (PPR’s) and monitor performance – including commentaries
• Solvency II analysis with particular focus the annual ORSA and quarterly and annual SCR / Solvency II balance sheets calculations
• Present and explain complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
• Provide actuarial assistance on internal projects and initiatives including assisting the Strategic Analytics area on (inter alia) more granular investigations on claim trends and interacting with the relevant stakeholders on mitigating actions and next steps as required.
• Assist with year-end actuarial certification, audit engagement and Solvency II returns (QRTs) to the Central Bank of Ireland
• Assist in the preparation of information for the quarterly board meetings and group risk management meetings
• Provide information and support to other departments as required
• Provide support to the IFRS 17 project i.e. work with the IFRS 17 project team on developing a comprehensive analysis of impact of IFRS17, considering finance and process impacts.
• Support the business in identifying and addressing business and strategic impacts of IFRS 17 and ensuring that, following implementation, the Finance/Actuarial teams are equipped to prepare, analyse and understand financial results.
• Experience in an insurance actuarial environment preferably with non-life experience
• Strong knowledge of Solvency II requirements
• Interest in and /or knowledge of IFRS 17
• Strong reserving knowledge with ideally previous exposure to one or more of the specialist reserving software packages (e.g. ResQ)
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex financial data and statistics to deliver outcomes
• Ability to work on own initiative and willingness to take ownership of tasks
• Ability to prioritise work to deliver results within strict deadlines
• Strong time management and organisational skills
• Team player who can demonstrate good interpersonal skills and ability to work across departmental and organisational lines
• Ability to communicate with international teams at all levels and communicate with a non- actuarial audience
Please contact Paul@acumen-resources.com or +35316099404 for further information.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland