• Provide modelling and pricing support to the Pricing Actuary and underwriters across a broad range of classes.
• Work with the Pricing Actuary to develop and implement modelling solutions for specialty classes.
• Assist in monitoring of aggregations of risk and contribute to risk reporting.
• Contribute to ongoing enhancement of pricing methods.
• Assist with capital modelling, reserving and business planning as required.
• Communicate conclusions effectively to underwriters and actuaries.
• Continuously improve analysis to ensure it is at the forefront of the industry in order to maintain commercial advantage
Skills & experience:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Actuarial, Mathematics, Science, Economics or other numerical degree
• Strong intellectual and mathematical acumen, demonstrated by excellent academic results
• Insurance industry experience desirable but not required.
• Strong Excel skills and interest in enhanced data techniques/software such as PowerQuery and python.
• Ability to develop and maintain SQL procedures is beneficial
• High attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize own work against needs of business
• Strong critical thinking and ability to interrogate data successfully and provide challenge when required
• Ability to work effectively both independently and within teams
• Ability to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines
For further information please contact [email protected] or +35316099404.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland