This is a senior role within the actuarial function, reporting to the Head of Actuarial Function. The successful candidate will be involved in strategic transformation projects involving business case modelling, actuarial assumption setting and M&A.
Taking an active role in supporting the value creation and transformation of the business model:
a) Own and refine the Company’s projection model to provide central forecast of performance over the strategic planning period
b) Introduce flexibility to highlight range of outcomes based on success / failure of key project workstreams, develop intuitive illustrations and MI of same
c) Liaise with Finance, Actuarial and Investment teams to create and maintain real-time, accurate view of the Company’s performance against short and long-term objectives, linking into Company’s information systems.
d) Keep key stakeholders informed of the performance against target
e) Assist in reviewing and enhancing the actuarial valuation models
f) Assess strategic impact of reinsurance and investment projects
g) Perform analysis of policyholder behaviour to ensure ongoing appropriateness of assumptions
Contribute to and support other key aspects of the Actuarial Function’s role, including:
a) Solvency monitoring
b) Actuarial opinions
A successful candidate will have:
• Strong technical skills, with a capability to work independently, understand complex topics quickly and design appropriate models.
• A “can-do” attitude to enable and drive value added changes.
• Very good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, with a flexibility of adjusting the level of detail to the audience as required.
• The ability to work well within a team environment, sharing ideas, experience and knowledge with colleagues and with others across the business.
• A hardworking, dedicated and focused attitude, ensuring high-quality deliverables while respecting given timelines.
• The ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and to demonstrate flexibility towards work requirements depending on team needs and priorities.
For more information please contact Jenny, 016099409 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland