- Assist or lead the completion of Life reserving/capital/pricing reviews, and analysis of the robustness of firms' balance sheets, in order to support the effective supervision of the regulated insurance industry in Ireland.
- In conjunction with the supervisory teams, lead external supervisory engagements with senior stakeholders and through constructive challenge identify critical issues to be addressed.
- Provide assessments of individual firms' reserving, pricing or capital risk, and market wide actuarial analysis to ensure that senior management are fully informed of current issues and themes.
- Drive the ethos of knowledge sharing by developing and maintaining productive relationships with the supervisory teams, proactively collaborating with them in order to ensure they are sufficiently informed on actuarial issues to provide effective supervision.
- Coach and mentor junior staff members as required to ensure they can achieve the required performance standards and meet their own development objectives.
- Trainee Actuary or a Nearly/Newly Qualified Actuary.
- Expertise in Life reserving and/or pricing. Understanding of the standard formula and/or capital modelling would be of benefit but is not essential.
- Understanding of the regulatory and reporting requirements for the insurance industry in Ireland.
- Strong analytical skills, including an ability to research and summarise large volumes of information and data and draw appropriate conclusions. Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, including excellent drafting/presentation skills and an ability to produce speedy and coherent actuarial analysis. Commitment to delivering quality work.
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland