The focus of this role is to take part in the management and monitoring of a large and strategic portfolio of short term products.
Your responsibilities will include :
• Production of quarterly reserves on applicable bases (USGAAP, SII, VIF,…)
• Preparation and sign-off of the Solvency II results including the shocks and Analysis of Change together with the GAAP / statutory accounting.
• Preparation of supporting documentation (checks, control…) to validate work produced to line manager & auditors.
• Annual preparation of the assumption review documentation (for Group presentation)
• Provide insight into observed experience, propose base and assumption changes where relevant and quantify financial impacts.
• Ensure the development and enhancement of the reserving tool that uses Non-life triangles techniques to derive the BE reserves for the short-term business
• Review existing process and improve operational efficiency of reportings
• Contribute to various cross-functional projects, topics and responsibilities across the team including IFRS 17, LDTI, tool development among others
• Coordinate with other team members to facilitate the consolidation
• University degree in relevant field (Actuarial, Statistics, Engineering)
• Part-qualified actuary with probably between 1 and 3 years of experience (this includes internship/apprenticeship).
• Knowledge in Non-Life Loss reserving triangles technics is a plus (Chain-ladder, Bornhuetter-Ferguson etc…) but not a necessity
• Knowledge of Solvency II
• Valuation / reserving and financial reporting experience would be beneficial
• Knowledge R/VBA/SQL coding language would be an advantage
• Reinsurance knowledge is an asset as well as US GAAP and IFRS 17
Personal and communication
• Organized, able to work in a matrix structure
• Able to set and manage priorities
• Highly cooperative, flexible, and enthusiastic team-player
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Keen to work with other cultures and able to think outside the box in a dynamic environment
Contact Paul at 016099404 or [email protected] for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland