Great opportunity to work as a junior Catastrophe Analyst based in Dublin city centre. This Reinsurance organisation is developing their Catastrophe Modelling Team to support underwriting and risk exposure management. This is an exciting opportunity to gain a valuable and unique set of skills in the reinsurance area.
Duties of the role will include but not be limited to the following:
• Gather and prepare data for assigned client projects
• Assess the data quality and make necessary assumptions for modelling, uploading relevant information to cat modelling software
• Reinsurance portfolio analytics using catastrophe vendor models, RQE is used in house
• Work with the underwriters and actuaries to understand exposures, review modelling results, and resolve issues promptly
• Maintain catastrophe modelling systems and manage analysis workflow
• Develop processes and scripts to facilitate data management and optimize risk calculations
• Advise underwriters and senior management on potential incurred losses, post-event
• Support and assist with development of the risk aggregation process
• Other ad hoc responsibilities as agreed, such as research and development with regards to modelling techniques for the portfolio or general natural hazards
Candidates will ideally have between 1-3 years experience in the insurance or reinsurance industry though this is flexible. Cat Modelling or exposure management experience is an advantage but the organisation is willing to train up the individual here. Candidates should have a degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Geography (physical) or similar fields. They should also have experience with Data Analysis using MS Excel, MS Access, MS SQL or equivalent.
Please contact Jenny on +35316099409 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland