The Children’s Health Foundation is the fundraising body for Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin as well as the National Children’s Research Centre and is dedicated to working to improve the quality of life for this and future generations of sick children. At our core, Children’s Health Foundation is patient centred, focused on child health and supporting families dealing with life changing challenges.
Research goes hand in hand with child health and break through projects are changing the way in which we deliver care to some of the sickest children in the country. But we know that there is more that we can do to enhance the work already taking place in the hospital. For many seriously ill children, early diagnosis and the right treatment at the right time is crucial. That is why we invest in research, as it is knowledge and insights that gives us answers, improvements, and breakthroughs.
One of our main focuses is on transitional research – getting results from bench to bedside to deliver personalised medicine, individual treatment plans based on the child individual case, genes and responses. We want to discover more precise and faster diagnoses for children, targeted interventions and cures. Ultimately we want to save more children’s lives and improve long-term outcomes for each sick child.
Thanks to research, today, Alex, a Cystic Fibrosis patient has an average life expectancy of 45 years. Just 10 years ago a child with CF’s life expectancy would have been just 25. Forty years ago, children like Kerri with Lymphoblastic Leukaemia would have a 10% chance of survival. Today, thanks to research 90% of children with Lymphoblastic Leukaemia are cured.
The Children’s Health Foundation will continue to invest in research and ensure that every patient that passes through the doors of Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin receives the best treatments and supports possible in an environment that supports recovery and well-being. https://www.childrenshealth.ie/
Acumen Resources is proud to support The Children’s Health Foundation.
For further information relating to the Children’s Health Foundation please contact:
Children’s Health Foundation
14-18 Drimnagh Road
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 01 709 1700