The job holder will work as part of a team supporting more experienced analysts.
Roles & responsibilities will include:
Drafting investment strategy and manager structure reports using modelling tools and incorporating latest house views as appropriate.
- Assisting with manager selection exercises.
- Assisting with implementing changes to investment manager arrangements.
- Producing/checking monitoring reports and performing calculations.
- Attending/participating in client meetings, presenting part/whole sections of reports highlighting and explaining key issues.
- Contributing to the manager and/or specialist research process.
- Proactively offering contributions and ideas to consultants.
- Dealing with routine queries received from clients, investment managers, third parties, etc.
- 2.1 in numerate degree discipline.
- Sound mathematical background.
- Openly shares information and own expertise with colleagues.
- Possess excellent team working skills.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
Self motivated with an eagerness to learn.
Challenges existing practices and conventional thinking.
- Understanding of trends in the pension and investment marketplace, how pension funds operate and market conditions.
- Takes ownership for work, always ensuring standards and deadlines are met and keeping others informed and up-to-date.
- Works well under pressure, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks.