Ref No: 1486202
Qualification: Nearly / Newly Qualified
Our Actuarial and Analytics team is committed to excellence, providing specialist advisory, modelling and analytical services primarily to (re)insurance clients but also to broader industries including banking, leisure, and public services.
Join our client's leading actuarial life insurance practice and apply your skills in projects reaching beyond traditional actuarial boundaries. You'll work with colleagues and clients in Consulting and Corporate Finance - exposing you to leading edge actuarial work in a strategic, commercial and business context. Here you'll develop an impressive range of broad consulting and technical skills that will allow you to fast track your career. Our practice has both breadth and technical depth which is increasingly important in an ever changing market and regulatory landscape. You will be joining a fast growing and dynamic team of actuaries.
As part of our team you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of engagements/projects both in traditional actuarial areas and in wider-fields. Your role will include:
Your professional experience:
- Managing the day-to-day aspects of a wide range of core-actuarial advisory projects such as pricing, reserving, product development, domestic actuarial regime peer reviews, risk management, financial reporting, regulatory reporting, process reviews, portfolio transfers etc. This will include basis such as IFRS17, LDTI and Solvency II.
- Contributing multi-disciplinary assignments across other fields such as Economic, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG), merger and acquisition projects, due diligence, audits and enterprise risk management etc. This will involve collaboration with professionals across audit, finance, consulting and risk advisory.
- Contributing to actuarial teams undertaking actuarial reserving or review work in respect of the Head of Actuarial Function role.
- Maintaining strong client relationships by understanding their business needs and ensuring exceptional service delivery.
- Contributing to practice management, including recruitment, coaching, mentoring and appraisals.
- Supporting the growth of the practice, by networking internally and externally, participating in research activities and contributing to preparation of new business proposals. Additionally, supporting Deloitte initiatives in crafting educational materials on emerging regulatory trends such as ESG, enhancing our market eminence.
- Recently (or very Nearly) Qualified actuary with relevant professional experience
- Good knowledge of the Life (re)insurance industry and the ability to apply that knowledge in commercial situations
- Proven experience of managing teams and/or projects
- Capability to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues
- Experience of financial reporting, in particular experience of Solvency II, USGAAP/LDTI and/or IFRS17 reporting would be advantageous
- Knowledge of SAS/SQL/Python or experience of credit risk modelling would be advantageous but not essential
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals: Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland
Tagged as: Life Insurance