We are seeking to recruit a Trainee Actuary for our client's Financial Services Advisory, Actuarial and Data Analytics team.
This an exciting opportunity for ambitious and motivated people to join our team in the growing area of financial services, with a focus on actuarial and data analytics. It will be a challenging and fulfilling role, where you will work in areas such as reserving, Solvency II, risk management, data analytics and actuarial modelling. The role will sometimes require working in other financial services areas such as banking and aviation finance.
The role is to work as part of a team of data scientists, actuaries and other financial services professionals to contribute to our clients’ success. The successful candidate will have exposure to a variety of jobs and will work as part of a growing team. The role will provide excellent prospects to build a long term and sustainable career as well as exposure to industry specific developments such as IFRS 17 and data analytics.
Required skills and attributes:
• Experience in an actuarial capacity in life insurance.
• Making good progress with actuarial exams.
• Attention to detail, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Flexible, proactive and collaborative attitude.
• Working knowledge of actuarial software relevant to experience: Prophet, SAS, ResQ, etc.
• Interest in developing data analytics skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication in particular the ability to relate to senior management, staff and clients.
• Excellent MS Word and MS Excel skills.
• Acting professionally, ethically and with integrity.
• Awareness of current developments in insurance.
• Exposure to Solvency II.
• Experience with R, Python or similar languages.
• Experience with visualisation tools such as Tableau or PowerBI.
• Experience with cloud computing environments.
• Experience using version control software.
For more information please contact Paul on 016099404 or [email protected] .
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland