The position is based in Dublin and as a member of the Group Actuarial team you will report to our Group Actuary in Dublin.
The main focus of this role will be in building, testing and maintenance of non-life actuarial IFRS 17 requirements for the Group and its legal entities in Europe, North America and Asia.
Your Responsibilities Will Be:
• Calculation, testing and maintenance of IFRS17 CSM, risk adjustment, discounting, cashflows for group and legal entities leveraging Solvency II calculations where appropriate by working closely with the non-life and life actuarial teams, Finance, IT and external vendors to ensure IFRS17 compliance and maintenance of these processes post IFRS 17 implementation
• Modelling to support IFRS17 policy decisions
• Maintaining documentation of processes and procedures
• Working closely with Finance to ensure the efficient production of inputs to quarterly and annual IFRS17 financial statements
• Contributing to the monitoring of changes in rules and guidances or market practice relating to the calculation of IFRS 17 requirements
• In addition, as part of the wider Group actuarial team you may be required to provide assistance on other Group related tasks as required post IFRS 17 implementation.
• Relevant years of non-life actuarial experience either in reinsurance, insurance or consulting.
• Have attained or are close to attaining the Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries (FIA) designation, Associate or Fellow of the Casualty Actuary Society (ACAS/FCAS) or equivalent
• Degree in actuarial science, mathematics, or a related field.
• Prior experience of IFRS 17 would be a distinct advantage, with experience in Solvency II, reserving and financial reporting also being helpful.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel, IT, data management and modeling skills; knowledge of visual basic and Business Objects reporting would be an advantage
• Strong communication, good written skills and proficiency in English
• High motivation, team-orientation and adaptability
Contact Paul at 016099404 or [email protected] for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland