The Finance and Actuarial team contributes to reserving and reporting requirements of the company. This includes accounting and regulatory regimes including IFRS4, Solvency II, embedded value and IFRS17 and associated information. It involves, in tandem with accounting professionals, preparation of assumptions based on business analysis, managing actuarial models, analysing reported numbers. It contributes to business understanding, e.g. new and existing business profitability.
Purpose of the Role:
The IFRS17 project leader is responsible for implementing IFRS17, a key new accounting convention which is expected to be introduced for the insurance industry in 2023.
• Lead the IFRS17 project, to deliver full implementation before the standard comes into force (expected FY 2021).
• Appoint and work with external parties as required.
• Develop an analysis of impact of IFRS17, considering finance and process impacts.
• Ensure provision of appropriate training/education relating to the new standard to affected parties.
• Ensure that, following implementation, the Finance/Actuarial team reporting is equipped to prepare, analyse and understand financial results.
• In tandem with early stages of IFRS17 project, contribute to successful implementation of new actuarial modelling system.
• Deliver financial, process and strategic elements of implementation.
What is the opportunity ?
• Leadership role in development of required new set of capabilities within the company.
• As leading authority on the new IFRS17 standard, significant high level interaction and influencing opportunities both internally and externally.
• Responsible for upgrading and streamlining reporting and analysis capability, drawing on internal and, where required, external resources.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Qualified actuary, with substantial post-qualification experience.
• Practical experience of working on financial reporting and Solvency II, incorporating the use of actuarial modelling and techniques.
• Experience of implementing and developing financial reporting frameworks.
• Strong technical skills, including both financial modelling and reporting experience.
• Excellent understanding of the local and European reporting and regulatory environment including Solvency II.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A proven ability to work effectively with, and constructively challenge and influence the actions of stakeholders up to and including Board level.
• Effective leadership and team working skills.
Please contact [email protected] or 016099404 for further information.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland