About the role:
As part of our team you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of engagements/projects both in traditional actuarial areas and in wider-fields. Your role will include:
- Supporting the delivery of a wide range of core-actuarial advisory projects such as pricing, reserving, product development, domestic actuarial regime peer reviews, risk management, financial reporting, regulatory reporting, process reviews, portfolio transfers etc. This will include basis such as IFRS17, LDTI and Solvency II.
- Contributing multi-disciplinary assignments across other fields such as Economic, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG), merger and acquisition projects, due diligence, audits and enterprise risk management etc. This will involve collaboration with professionals across audit, finance, consulting and risk advisory.
- Contributing to actuarial teams undertaking actuarial reserving or review work in respect of the Head of Actuarial Function role.
- Maintaining strong client relationships by understanding their business needs and ensuring exceptional service delivery.
- Supporting the growth of the practice, by networking internally and externally, participating in research activities and contributing to preparation of new business proposals. Additionally, supporting Deloitte initiatives in crafting educational materials on emerging regulatory trends such as ESG, enhancing our market eminence.
- Part or Nearly qualified actuary with relevant professional experience
- Good knowledge of the Life (re)insurance industry and the ability to apply that knowledge in commercial situations
- Experience of financial reporting, in particular experience of Solvency II, USGAAP/LDTI and/or IFRS17 reporting would be advantageous
- Proven experience of managing teams and/or projects would be advantageous but not essential
- Knowledge of SAS/SQL/Python or experience of credit risk modelling would be advantageous but not essential
- Capability to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals: Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate