They’re also working in wider fields. Their current core focus areas are in Banking, Enterprise Risk Management and the Public Sector. They provide support to their strategy and consulting colleagues on whatever analytical problems that they face as part of multidisciplinary teams.
The team works in a friendly, positive and vibrant atmosphere, where people are encouraged and supported to take responsibility at an early stage and proactively develop their career. In return, we offer individuals the opportunity to be highly rewarded personally, in terms of professional development, and financially. We offer excellent training to our people to strengthen their technical knowledge but equally importantly to broaden their personal and consulting skills. This is backed up by on-the-job development opportunities and a mentoring structure that helps people to develop their full potential right through to Partnership.
About the role:
Our team helps insurers address new financial reporting requirements by assessing the financial and business impacts of regulations, building implementation plans, and implementing relevant requirements, particularly across areas of financial reporting change.
- Managing and delivering a wide range of both core actuarial assignments and multi-disciplinary assignments across wider fields
- Acting as your clients’ main point of day-to-day contact on actuarial engagements, from IFRS 17 to Solvency II, M&A to RMPs, Head of Actuarial Function to Chief Risk Officer
- Leading and managing teams in order to deliver high quality and timely responses to engagements
- Contributing to the development of new consulting propositions. This will include opportunities to partner with other professionals in our network especially in the areas of Data & Analytics, Banking and Enterprise Risk Management
You will also be asked to take an active role in supporting the strategic management and running of the practice. This will involve identifying our clients’ needs and assessing the future direction of the Insurance and Banking sector in Ireland. You will contribute to the development and distribution of information or training programmes that enhance the understanding of key issues and you will build solutions to address those client needs.
We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic and dedicated professionals to join our team. We’re looking for the following experience and skills:
- Qualified actuary with 5+ years of relevant experience in either the Life or Non-Life insurance or reinsurance market from either a consultancy or industry background. Solvency II and/or financial reporting experience are key.
- An ability to build strong client relationships (internal or external) and an ability to communicate our analysis to our clients in plain English
- An ability to develop and mentor junior staff, including technical training and performance management
- A desire to build out our propositions so that we meet a client need and develop a viable, commercial, professional service, offering in that space
- Excellent IT / software skills - we base our advice on our analysis skills. Experience in actuarial modelling systems (e.g. Prophet, RAFM) would be advantageous
- Strong technical, problem identification and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to deliver and within timescales
- Self-motivated, take responsibility for personal development in technical and broader consulting skills
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals: