The mission of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is to ensure that our client has a comprehensive framework for understanding the risks embedded in and across its businesses, so that the company can manage these risks effectively, evaluate current and future risk challenges and opportunities, and enhance shareholder value.
An integral part of the ERM organization is the Model Risk Management Group (MRMG), which includes two teams: (1) Model Risk Management and (2) Model Risk Control Office. The primary objectives of MRMG are to effectively challenge, manage and mitigate model risks, and maintain model inventory, risk assessment and model control standards.
This position will be part of the Model Risk Management team, primarily responsible for independent model reviews and testing of models. The incumbent will support model review work including the following activities:
• Research relevant regulatory frameworks, underlying products, assumptions and methodologies
• Review model documentation, evaluate risks and propose review strategies
• Build independent challenger models and other analytical tools as needed
• Perform model output analytics
• Create a comprehensive model review report
• Be exposed to multiple lines of business and model types: pricing, financial reporting, capital, forecasting and others
• Work closely with others, both inside and outside the team
• This position may also help with the monitoring of model control standards, model risk assessments, and model issue remediation in partnership with the Model Risk Control Office.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Economics, Business, Science-based, or another analytical field
• Successfully passed some of the actuarial exams
• Experience in model development, implementation and/or validation a plus
• Knowledge of insurance or retirement products is a plus
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Knowledge of software packages used in business communication such as MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of relevant software packages, such as ALFA, Prophet, MATLAB, VBA, SAS, R software is a plus
• Working knowledge of programming languages, such as C, C++, JAVA is desired
Contact [email protected] or +35316099404 for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland