We are seeking a Pricing Actuary to lead new business acquisition which delivers client-centric reinsurance solutions and to play a critical role in the development of our Life and Health strategy.
This role is a call to self-driven unstructured problem solvers and is challenging, exciting and highly varied. It requires a candidate with solid industry experience, an understanding of life and health reinsurance across global markets as well as strong technical, communication and influencing skills.
The role will operate in an international environment and the successful candidate will be expected to coordinate and work with international colleagues across the Group, in particular with Life and Health teams in Bermuda, Germany, Canada, Asia and Australasia.
The successful candidate will gain exposure to all aspects of the reinsurance business and be an integral part of the global team.
Working with a highly adept actuarial team, you will be provided the opportunity to lead transactions, demonstrate and enhance your skill set and to develop your own profile within the worldwide business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the role will span all aspects of actuarial pricing and new business acquisition, including:
- Evaluate new business opportunities sourced from within the world-wide network
- Set and review pricing assumptions
- Manage internal relationships and key stakeholders while managing successful acquisition and on-boarding
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of regulatory, accounting and economic impacts of prospective transactions
- Design and review bespoke reinsurance solutions to meet the diverse needs of our clients
- Work collaboratively across time zones and geographies with our entities globally on new business opportunities and where required, supporting this activity with international travel
- Effectively communicate how complex reinsurance solutions operate, the effect on our risk profile and the financial and economic outcomes to the Senior Management team including the CEO, CFO, Head of Corporate Actuarial and CRO
- Draft and review treaty wordings and transaction summary documentation
- Prepare and deliver presentations to internal colleagues on the latest pricing developments
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the L&H strategy
- Identify opportunities to support Business Centres within the Group
- Represent the Pricing team at various internal Group workshops
- Work alongside the L&H Business Centre Head in building and maintaining strong relationships with the Company’s direct and internal clients
- Actively monitor the changing regulatory environment internationally and locally (Solvency II/ IFRS 17) and assess impact on existing business and new business opportunities
- Contribute to discussions within the group on matters affecting new business, product development and economic solvency capital requirements
- Attend international reinsurance industry meetings to monitor developments in relevant markets
- Qualified actuary with relevant post qualification experience
- Experience of life reinsurance is favourable, particularly in a pricing or structuring role
- International experience of reinsurance business across different regulatory and accounting regimes, geographies, reinsurance structures, product designs beneficial
- Advanced knowledge of European solvency and regulatory requirements
- Strong analytical and technical capability with curious, creative approach to client solutions
- Time management – proven ability to manage competing priorities under challenging deadlines
- Critical thinker – performs independent assessments in new situations with the confidence to challenge the status quo
- Strategic – proactively identifies and drives business opportunities as they present themselves, influencing the key stakeholders
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals: Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland