Reporting to the Head of Pricing, a key focus of the role will be the continued redevelopment ofthe experience analysis tools and processes. Analysis, monitoring and assumption setting will form a large part of the role and will require a close working relationship with all Actuarial teams along with the Head of Pricing. The role will also involve the modelling and financial analysis of a wide range of product types in order to ensure that pricing risks and rewards are properly understood and communicated in papers produced for senior management. Finally, the role will involve setting premium rates, profitability analysis, assessing Solvency II capital requirements, proposition development, negotiation of reinsurance terms and close involvement in system implementations. With the continued growth and evolution of the Actuarial Department, there is an opportunity for a highly skilled and motivated individual to come in and shape this new and exciting role gaining valuable experience in a dynamic and challenging environment.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead the development and optimisation of the process around analysing and reporting portfolio statistics for the purpose of Pricing, Monitoring, Reporting, Risk Management and MI.
• Lead the redevelopment and ongoing management of the data gathering and analysis to contribute towards the assumption setting process for Pricing, SII and IFRS reporting.
• Carry out the necessary calculations required for pricing exercises including setting premium rates, assessing profitability metrics, P&L and Balance sheet impacts, return on capital and sensitivity analysis.
• Produce detailed Product Specifications for implementation purposes including all product features and calculations along with the collation of all data requirements for wider Actuarial purposes in BAU.
• Support the implementation of new products and product/pricing changes including the provision of policy calculation test cases, gathering of business requirements and validation of system testing across all impacted systems
• Manage product development, pricing and implementation schedule to ensure product changes and new products are delivered within expected timelines
• Working with Reinsurers to build relationships, assess commercial opportunities, develop product solutions and set up internal reporting processes with new reinsurance partners.
• Development of the company’s risk management system, including the drafting and maintenance of policies and procedures
• Management of a small team including at least one Actuarial Intern.
Would suit a nearly or newly qualified actuary.
Please contact [email protected] or 016099404 for further information.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate