Pricing Actuary 6 month contract.
Key duties and responsibilities
• Detailed review of new business deals proposed
• Ensuring that profitability and capital requirements are appropriately modelled for new business deals
• Delivery of reinsurance pricing within cycle times responsive to client expectations.
• Communication of the structures/impacts/risks of new transactions to Senior Management.
• Co-ordinate the approval process for new business (e.g. Risk and Business approvals, Business Acceptance Committee, and Board if required).
• Working across the company (Actuarial, Finance, Legal, Operations) to assist in the ‘go live’ of new deals.
• Reviewing policyholder behaviour of the business of the Group worldwide to aid with assumption setting
Required experience & competencies
• Qualified Actuary.
• Experience of pricing or valuing life insurance or reinsurance business.
• Very strong technical ability & analytical skills.
• Familiarity with one or a number of actuarial modelling tools, e.g. Prophet, Alpha, MoSes, Axis.
• Strong project / task planning skills.
• Ability to communicate to both actuarial and non-actuarial audiences.
• Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
• The ability to interact and build good working relationships both internally and externally and with people at all levels.
Please contact [email protected] or 016099409 for further information.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate