Newly qualified actuary required for role within our client's Risk Function.
Reporting to the Head of Risk, this role is responsible for supporting the implementation of our client's Financial Risk Management frameworks in line with the expectations of a ‘High Impact’ firm under the Central Bank of Ireland’s (CBI’s) PRISM supervision framework.
Delivery of the Pillar 2 elements of Solvency II (ORSA and Risk Framework) will be central to the role. This will involve interactions across the business with a particular focus on Market and Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk, Life Insurance Risk, Capital Management Risk, Proposition Risk and Financial Reporting. In 2020, the embedding of updated risk policies and minimum control standards is a key deliverable for the role holder.
The successful candidate will also gain experience of Internal Models, particularly in respect of Operational Risk Capital Assessment.
Key responsibilities relating to the oversight of Financial Risk include:
• Delivery of ORSA;
• Recovery and Resolution Planning;
• Validation of overall compliance with Solvency II;
• Independent review and validation of the management of Financial Reporting Risk;
• Independent review and validation of the management of Market and Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk, Life Insurance Risk and Capital Management Risk;
• Internal Model involvement;
• Facilitation of Strategic and Emerging Risk oversight;
• Key Risk Indicator and other risk MI review; and
• Risk Reporting and presenting to the Management and Board Risk Committees.
Key Relationships Include:
• Working closely with the other members of the Risk team;
• Interacting cooperatively and productively with Actuarial and Finance areas; and
• Meeting expectations of Senior Management, the Board, Group Risk function and the CBI.
This role would suit a recently qualified Actuary with experience in Risk Management and/or Life Insurance.
Skills And Expertise:
• Strong background in Insurance;
• Good working knowledge of Solvency II;
• Proven track record in leading and delivering significant initiatives;
• Ability to influence key stakeholders; and
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Analytical Thinking
• Communication & Influencing
• Building Relationships
• Customer at the heart
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +35316099404 for further information.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland