Key Contribution Areas
- Set requirements for the development of risk models based on our client's internal risk measurement framework (Economic Capital, proxy models, stress testing, etc.)
- Help to establish the target risk measurement methodology in line with business/regulatory requirements and perform gap analysis with current methodology
- Build prototypes to aid in the review and challenge of 1st line activities (specification, testing, review stages)
- Support with the oversight of the development of risk models and processes with the model development teams and advise on high level implementation plan as well as any technology, data, or implementation decisions
- Review and challenge the appropriateness of the risk models for their intended purposes
- Champion use of data analytics and risk intelligence and engage with quantitative teams across the Group to ensure alignment of methodology and technology
- Enhance operational efficiency and reduce operational risk through automation of processes and explore the use of AI/LMM solutions solve complex business problems.
- Support the risk and capital assessment as part of the quarterly risk reporting process and for the ORSA/GSSA
- Support the setting of risk appetite and risk limits, and the development of risk metrics and other MI
- Perform quantitative risk assessments to support business activities, including the analysis of balance sheet impacts due to new business considerations, proposed strategy changes, etc.
- 5+ years’ experience in a quantitative field within financial services, preferably developing quantitative models as part of a risk, investment, or actuarial function (experience contributing to Solvency II Internal Model builds a huge plus).
- Qualification in a quantitative discipline (e.g. quantitative finance, actuarial science, mathematics, physics, engineering, economics) and/or Qualified Actuary.
- Experience developing stochastic models for some/all of the following risks: credit, interests rate, equity, property, currency, mortality/longevity, lapse, expense.
- 3+ years’ experience with R/Python, with a preference for candidates with R experience, particularly those that use the Tidyverse programming style (a familiarity with R-Shiny and R-Markdown a huge plus).
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals: Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate