Reporting to the CRO, you will be responsible for the management of the wide spectrum of the Risk Framework, managing current and potential risk that may affect the company, e.g. Underwriting, Financial, Market, Operational, Reputational, etc.
ROLE AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Contribute to development and maintenance of the Risk Framework.
• Contribute to development of policies, procedures and risk controls.
• Monitoring and improving of Controls system, KPIs, KRIs and assurance programmes.
• Familiar with assessing risk, identify, analyse, measure, mitigate and monitor.
• Experience in management of risk exposures:-
• Assessment of e.g. Underwriting, Pricing, Product Development, Claims Management.
• Assessment and reporting of risk accumulation, monitoring potential contagion events.
• Regular production of reports for analysis, evaluation of exposures and risk accumulation. Production of dashboard and reports.
• Assessment of wide range of risk, e.g. Capital, Market, Currency, Liquidity or Credit risk.
• Asset Valuations and Counterparty Risk assessments.
• Monitoring of the Risk Appetite limits.
• Identification of exposures and ensure mitigants are implemented as appropriate, in accordance with Risk Appetite.
• Experience with solvency II requirements, risk appetite, defining stress scenarios, assessment and monitoring quantitative and qualitative risk. etc.
• Supporting the production of reporting (ORSA, IFSCR etc).
• Assessment of the extension of the Operational risks, e.g. Operations, Reputational, Regulatory, Strategic, IT and Cyber risk.
• Manage and support the Incidents and Near-misses process.
• Drive the management of the Risk Register and Business Continuity Plan.
• Monitoring framework of Cyber Risk Security.
• Market screening for emerging risks with development of proposals to mitigate.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Qualifications in risk / actuarial / finance are an advantage.
• Experience in risk, actuarial or finance functions.
• Proven experience in the General Insurance industry.
COMPETENCES / SOFTSKILLS
• Good numerical and analytical skills, eye for detail, ability to understand & resolve complex issues.
• Ability to manage change and passion for driving continuous improvement.
• Confidentiality, discretion.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Effective collaboration across a range of Stakeholders.
• Strong communication, ability to interact effectively at all levels.
• Fluency in English, other European languages a plus.
• Start-up mindset – comfortable working in a highly dynamic environment.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +35316099404.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland