The firm is seeking an ambitious and hard-working non-life actuarial analyst with a focus on quality, learning and attention to detail, to support the work of the non-life actuarial team. The individual will work within the actuarial team, reporting to the non-life actuarial lead and working primarily on non-life engagements but with the potential to also get a taste of actuarial work in the life and risk areas. This is an excellent opportunity to get hands on experience of a variety of actuarial work across a diverse range of clients and to work closely with experienced mentors in the actuarial and advisory fields.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Supporting the Audit & Assurance team on external audit engagements by:
o Delivering actuarial specialist work on the audits of financial statements and SFCRs for a mix of non-life insurers and reinsurers;
o Developing and implementing solutions (processes and tools) to deliver efficient audits;
o Communicating effectively with stakeholders – non-life actuarial lead, audit partner, audit team, actuarial director.
• Supporting the Actuarial team on actuarial consulting / advisory projects for clients on a broad range of topics including:
o Actuarial Peer Review & Reviewing Actuary engagements;
o Outsourced Actuarial Function and Internal Audit programs;
o Independent Actuary engagements;
o Underwriting, Pricing and Product Development engagements;
o Process improvement and automation;
o Insurance company licence applications;
To be considered for this position you must meet the following criteria:
• Be a trainee actuary with work experience in the non-life area;
• Experience in at least one of:
• A financial reporting or Solvency II role within a non-life insurance entity;
• Non-life (re)insurance reserving;
• The audit of non-life (re)insurance entities;
• Be a self-starter who can work independently as well as within a team;
• Enjoy learning and taking on new challenges; and
• Have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a unique opportunity to:
– Join a fast-growing actuarial practice with one of Ireland’s most successful professional services organisations;
– Work with, and be mentored by, very experienced actuaries;
– Get invaluable experience of a wide range of actuarial topics/roles/disciplines.
Full details and job specification is available from [email protected] or 016099404 in strictest confidence.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland