Recently (or nearly) qualified Actuary required. This position reports to the Head of Life & Health Actuarial based in Germany, and the Regional Chief Financial Officer based in Singapore.
– Prepare and perform actuarial analysis for assigned business area(s), including documentation, communication and explanation of results.
– Execute actuarial reserving approaches and processes in line with global processes, including early identification of adverse reserve developments.
– Prepare & provide reserving information and business projections for the branch and internal reporting, in compliance with Group & Regulatory requirements.
– Assist in the business planning process by providing appropriate input, as well as developing and maintaining models that aid actuarial calculations.
– Communicate with the business on all actuarial and reserving issues, such as identifying deviations from plan or adverse business development, as well as proposing appropriate action items.
– Liaise with internal and external auditors and regulators regarding reserving related issues.
– Promote and foster close collaboration and interaction with the various business areas in the company (e.g. Finance, Underwriting, Client Management, etc.).
– Peer review work from other team members in the same team and perform quality checks.
– Constantly keep abreast of leading market practices and actuarial techniques to drive innovation in the team.
– Newly/Nearly qualified Actuary.
– Excellent analytical skills, highly detail oriented and ability to think outside of the box.
– Finance, insurance and reinsurance knowledge, ideally in Life & Health, as well as a firm understanding of the complexities inherent in a (re)insurance company.
– Robust knowledge of Life & Health business financials and actuarial concepts (e.g. reserving & pricing techniques, rate development, regulatory rules & regulations, etc.).
– Knowledge of IFRS 17 would be advantageous.
– Extensive computer skills including MS Office and SQL. Knowledge of RAFM would be advantageous.
For a confidential discussion, please contact [email protected] or +35316099404.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland