Working as a member of the Risk Management team, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of risk monitoring, capital modelling, financial reporting and Solvency II Internal Model developments.
• Take ownership of the analysis and reporting of aspects of the approved Internal Model Capital requirements within the Group reporting framework.
• Contribute to the implementation and further development of the Solvency II Internal Model for variable annuities
• Support the Chief Risk Officer in developing and building of risk monitoring tools and controls, including enhancement of the Risk Appetite Framework
• Assist with the production of validation tests and model documentation.
• Liaise with the Group in discussions and working parties on life insurance risk topics
• Support the strengthening of the operational controls to ensure that they are comprehensive and appropriate. Ensure regular review of risk management controls.
• Support the Board Risk and Audit Committees
• A part-qualified actuary.
• Experience of stochastic modelling and sophisticated cash flow modelling systems, e.g. Prophet, Moses or similar with a keen interest in developing IT skills.
• Experience of derivative instruments (especially swaps and futures) would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of saving products and insurance related risks.
• Experience in Variable Annuities would be beneficial though not necessary.
• Experience of Solvency II developments and/or economic capital models is desirable.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Excellent technical, interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to convey complex information concisely and clearly.
• Highly analytical and logical in approach.
• Customer focused with the ability to deliver services to internal and external customers in a reliable, attentive and available manner.
• Hardworking, dedicated and focused with the ability to deliver results ensuring timely high quality deliverables.
• Ability to work well within a team environment contributing to the team’s high standard of performance, shares ideas and knowledge with the team and others within the business..
For more information please contact Jenny, 016099409 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland