Working as a member of the Risk Management team, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of risk monitoring, capital modelling, financial reporting and Solvency II Internal Model developments.
• Take ownership of the analysis and reporting of aspects of the approved Internal Model Capital requirements within the Group reporting framework.
• Contribute to the implementation and further development of the Solvency II Internal Model for variable annuities
• Support the Chief Risk Officer in developing and building of risk monitoring tools and controls, including enhancement of the Risk Appetite Framework
• Assist with the production of validation tests and model documentation.
• Liaise with the Group in discussions and working parties on life insurance risk topics
• Support the strengthening of the operational controls to ensure that they are comprehensive and appropriate. Ensure regular review of risk management controls.
• Support the Board Risk and Audit Committees
• A part-qualified actuary.
• Experience of stochastic modelling and sophisticated cash flow modelling systems, e.g. Prophet, Moses or similar with a keen interest in developing IT skills.
• Experience of derivative instruments (especially swaps and futures) would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of saving products and insurance related risks.
• Experience in Variable Annuities would be beneficial though not necessary.
• Experience of Solvency II developments and/or economic capital models is desirable.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Excellent technical, interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to convey complex information concisely and clearly.
• Highly analytical and logical in approach.
• Customer focused with the ability to deliver services to internal and external customers in a reliable, attentive and available manner.
• Hardworking, dedicated and focused with the ability to deliver results ensuring timely high quality deliverables.
• Ability to work well within a team environment contributing to the team’s high standard of performance, shares ideas and knowledge with the team and others within the business..
For more information please contact Jenny, 016099409 or [email protected]
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland