Our client is a small insurer and their CRO position would suit someone with between 0-5 years pqe.
• To support the CEO in all aspects of the Risk Management Function.
• Development, implementation & maintenance of all risk management activities.
• Develop and maintain written policies on risk management (underwriting, reserving, ALM, reinsurance, investment, operational).
• Produce high quality reports to be provided to the Executive Management Committee monthly and to the Risk Committee quarterly.
• Ensures risk exposures and incidents are effectively aggregated and reported, providing management with a comprehensive view of overall risk exposure
• Management workstream of Solvency II to ensure that the company is in a state of readiness for compliance with the risk management obligations.
• Develop the links between the risk areas at group level to ensure all group requirements are met.
• Identify gaps & following up on actions derived from risk assessment and audit.
• Maintaining oversight of new business & IT projects to ensure that risks are being addressed.
The ideal candidate will have a qualification in Risk, Actuarial or Accounting and have occupied a similar role in a non-life Insurer, or be able to demonstrate strong relevant experience gained in practice as follows:
• Strong non-life insurance background with proven ability to understand the risk management function.
• Good understanding of Solvency Capital requirements, planning, control and reporting.
• Proven risk management skills including reputational, legal & regulatory, financial and operational.
• Experience in preparation and presentation of reports.
• Experience of developing and maintaining effective relationships with Executives and Senior Managers, within and outside Risk through personal credibility and delivery of results.
• Ability to interpret and evaluate information and make authoritative recommendations.
• High level of professional knowledge required.
• Ability to have a significant input into discussions at a senior management level and cross-functionally.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland