Overall mission of Actuarial is to protect our client’s financial integrity with sound reserving and risk management practices as well as product designs that meet customer needs and pricing that produces returns to shareholders commensurate with the risks undertaken.
Actuarial is responsible for anticipating and recognizing matters that materially affect financial integrity and making sound, unbiased reports on these issues.
This senior actuarial role leads a cross location actuarial team leading both performance management of the inforce portfolio and new business pricing. This key position comes with significant decision making authority; this responsibility demands strong technical skills to ensure sound and unbiased decisions are made.
• Leadership – Management of Resources- Lead/manage projects established to support goals identified in strategic and operating plans. Influence/motivate resources within and outside of direct control to complete projects. Exhibit innovative use of resources.
• Staffing/Personnel – Develop a high performing team, including responsibility for hiring and retention decisions.
• Pricing – Partner with business owners in decision making process around pricing. These decisions include:
? Portfolio renewal actions across all inforce business lines
? New business pricing assumptions & reviews
? Supporting commercial and underwriting teams in assessment of risk
• Product & Business Knowledge – Assumptions & data sources- Review assumptions developed by staff from a business perspective and be able to influence senior management to accept alternative recommendations. Integrate understanding of internal and external data sources for quantifying risks.
• Understanding the market landscape – working to build innovative and technically sound solutions to drive profitable and sustainable growth.
• Risk Analysis & Management – Provide leadership in the negotiation and influencing of sound business decisions through adherence to established risk management principles.
• Scope of Decision Making – Broad decision making authority typically tied to level of financial impact.
• Technical Proficiency – Develop creative technical solutions to a variety of problems. Stay apprised of technical innovations as potential solutions for actuarial issues and concerns.
• Development & Implementation – Oversee/manage the development and implementation of tools and models.
• Maintenance & Enhancements – Manage cost to implement and prioritize changes to processes, tools and systems.
• Presentation of results – Present to senior management to approve recommendations.
• Communication, Collaboration & Consultation – Lead interdepartmental teams to shape process and policy.
• Verbal & Written Communication – Address most complex business issues. Have direct interaction with internal and external constituents. Develop materials that support pricing proposals to a variety of audiences from external parties to senior leadership.
For further information please contact [email protected] or +35316099404.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland