The purpose of the role is to provide expert contribution to the development of our client's insurance risk policy in a timely and effective manner and support its implementation at a national level to ensure high quality policy outcomes.
• Lead and propose the direction of the development of insurance risk policy, both at EU and national level, including providing expert advice on the implementation of that policy to ensure the delivery of high quality, technically accurate policy input/positions;
• Represent our client on relevant domestic and EU fora, including sub-committees of the European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA);
• Provide technical briefing and/or recommendations to senior executives on insurance risk as required;
• Provide expert technical input to colleagues and relevant government departments on policy developments and national transposition to ensure the development of a technically accurate and prudentially sound regulatory framework;
• Provide expert technical advice to internal stakeholders, including senior executives, so as to contribute to the robustness of supervisory practices and decisions;
• Provide relevant skills transfer, coaching and mentoring to team members to share expertise and ensure that the necessary skills, competencies and knowledge are developed;
• Develop and deliver appropriate high quality training, to ensure that policy outcomes are understood and embedded as intended.
• A full actuarial qualification;
• Membership of a recognised actuarial association;
• A strong background in insurance (life or non-life) with experience of reserving, pricing or capital;
• A strong knowledge and understanding of the European and Irish insurance legislative and regulatory framework;
• Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills;
• Strong drafting and presentation skills;
• Highly developed oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to influence and negotiate at a senior level;
• Significant personal impact, networking and negotiating capacity;
• Ability to work effectively as a team member and to motivate and develop others.
Please contact Paul Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org or +35316099404 for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland