This role is to support the Actuarial and Finance External Reporting applications and to ensure reliable internal and external reporting as a member of the IT department: combine strong actuarial and finance business analysis with project management experience and technical expertise in RiskIntegrity IFRS17 (Moodys Analytics) and other accounting basis solutions such as to satisfy all aspects of application management.
- Contributes to the management of External Reporting initiatives by following a governance model for reviewing, prioritizing and monitoring these initiatives.
- Coordinates between IT, internal clients and external vendors on all aspects of application management.
- Manages vendor relationships and various support processes at a distance across multiple timezones and cultures.
- Formalizes business cases for new functionalities and requirements, conducts gap analysis, process re-engineering sessions and workshops, proposes technical solutions and builds technical specifications, develops test scripts and supports testing processes.
- Manages software upgrades together with internal stakeholders and external service providers.
- Drives the use of analytics and reporting tools
- Key actuarial and accounting concepts (IFRS17, USGAAP, Solvency II)
- Enterprise application & ETL data management
- Business Analysis & Project management
- Vendor relationship management
- Reinsurance background
- 5 or more years’ experience in the Actuarial and/or Finance systems
- Understanding of lifecycle management including managing multiple deliverables with overlapping priorities and deadlines. Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations.
- Experience with systems integration, technical interfaces and analytics.
- Ability to own tasks, prioritize work, multi-task, and work independently with remote supervision.
- Ability to participate in several international projects in parallel
- Fluent written and spoken English a must
- Bachelor Degree or higher in management information systems, computer science, business management or a related field.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals: Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate