The key stakeholder relationships include: Actuarial Leadership, New Business team, Chief Actuary, Group Actuarial and Group Capital.
The Actuarial Development team supports the development and oversight of the actuarial models, methodologies and assumptions. A bright, talented and motivated individual is sought to fill a Manager role on the team. The successful candidate will gain exposure to a wide range of traditional and complex reinsurance transactions.
In this role the successful candidate will:
• Support the review and update of the actuarial assumptions including mortality, mortality improvements (CMI), lapse, expense, interest and inflation.
• Support the review and development of relevant actuarial methodologies and techniques. This will include keeping up to date with industry developments and new technologies to keep pace with changing demands and requirements.
• Support the Actuarial Function review and challenge of new business propositions and subsequently manage the implementation of actuarial modelling and reporting requirements.
• Draft accurate, clear and concise documentation and effectively communicate key insights and results to all stakeholders (Chief Actuary, Chief Financial Officer, Head of Business Development…etc.).
• Contribute to the design, development and planning for the implementation of Group projects, new transactions and new reporting requirements (e.g. IFRS 17).
The ideal candidate will have:
• An actuarial qualification with 5+ years in a life insurance or life reinsurance environment.
• An assertive and self-motivated personality with the capacity to work autonomously, as part of a team and across teams.
• An enthusiastic approach to work with a strong work ethic, a keen appetite to learn and develop and a willingness to work to a flexible schedule.
• Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
• An ability to plan work, manage time effectively and deal with changing requirements to ensure timely completion of all deliverables.
• The capacity to effectively and efficiently solve problems and make decisions.
• Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
• Competent user of MS Excel, MS Access, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
For full details of this exciting opportunity, please contact Paul (016099404 or [email protected]).
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland