Our client is seeking an experienced Actuary to lead its Non-Life Actuarial Services team.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for the following:
• Leading the non-life actuarial team
• Managing and delivering a wide range of client engagements including core Actuarial assignments and engagements in wider fields: Banking and Data Analytics.
• Leading engagement teams and acting as our clients’ main point of contact on those engagements
• Leading and managing staff effectively in order to ensure high quality and timely delivery of engagements
• Lead or contribute to the development of new propositions and products, including opportunities to partner with other professionals in the firm in the areas of Banking, Data Analytics, Risk Management, Regulation and Corporate Finance
• Be actively involved in the development of new and existing client relationships, including playing a pivotal role in client pitches and proposals
We look to develop accomplished all-round consultants, not just technically strong actuaries. This means exposure to a wide range of clients and project situations, including the opportunity to work in multidisciplinary teams or with people from our network firms overseas. You will be able to build a strong personal, professional, profile both across the Group network and externally in the market.
You will have the opportunity to take an active role in supporting the strategic management and running of the Actuarial Services practice. This will include setting the strategic priorities for the practice, leading the development of one of our product areas and contributing to the development and distribution of research and information on key industry and professional issues.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and dedicated professional to join our team and help us to deliver our services and solutions. We’re looking for the following experience and skills:
• At least 10 years’ post-qualified experience in the non-life insurance or reinsurance market from either a consultancy or industry background
• A proven track record of building strong client relationships
• An ability to manage and lead large teams of talented professionals
• An ability to communicate complex analyses to clients in plain English
• An enthusiasm to develop junior staff, including providing technical training, soft skills and management skills
• Strong project management skills – have the ability to deliver on budget and within timescales
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
For further information, please contact [email protected] or +35316099404. All enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland